French pie, GALETTE is your name
2023. 08. 21.
Here is a perfectly delicious and elegant dessert that you can decorate with autumn apples. Serve with homemade vanilla ice cream, with the help of the ANKARSRUM ice-cream maker and enjoy the early flavors of autumn, in which you can even wink back at summer.
The history of the galette is extremely entertaining! The Galette is the French's favorite pie, which dates back to Roman times. Then a slave at a ceremony found a bean in the cake, so he became the king of the day. Later, in the 12th century, silver was hidden in it, thus choosing the queen or king of the day. We have previously made Rhubarb Galette with frangipane cream, click here for it!
Ingredients for the Apple Galette - the French pie
210 grams of wheat flour
45 grams of sugar 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
½ teaspoon of salt
150 grams of butter (room temperature)
3 tablespoons lemon juice or cold water
4-5 small apples
3 tablespoons of sugar syrup
For decoration and lubrication:
33 grams of almond flakes
1 tablespoon of sugar
Apple Galette step by step:
• Watch the recipe video by clicking here.
• Mix the flour, sugar, cardamom and salt. Cut the butter into pieces and add to the flour mixture. Using your ANKARSRUM stand mixer, mix it into a crumbly dough, then add the lemon juice and mix for 1-2 minutes. If you have it, knead the dough by hand on a floured surface. When ready, flatten it and wrap it in plastic wrap, then put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
• Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 175°C fan temperature. Roll out the dough on baking paper to a thickness of 3 mm, in a circular shape. Our smart tip is to use a large, approx. 27 cm diameter plate as a template and use it to cut the dough around. If the dough is sticky and sticks to the rolling pin, put baking paper on top of the dough and continue stretching it like this.
• Now transfer the dough to a tray lined with baking paper or baking sheet.
• Clean the apple with water and cut it into thin slices, then place it on top of the dough, leaving a part of about 3 cm free from the edge. Pour the sugar syrup on top and fold the 3 cm edges over.
• Brush the edges with beaten egg and sprinkle with slivered almonds and sugar.
• Bake in the middle of the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
Serve the galette still warm with vanilla ice cream, pudding or dressing.
Similar articles on the topic:
5 surprising ways to use potatoes
2023. 09. 04.
Apple cupcake with salted caramel topping
2023. 08. 21.
Cinnamon apple pie
2023. 08. 21.
The secret of divine pancakes: pancake machines
2023. 07. 31.
This is what they ate during the reform era: Try the eternal classics yourself!
2023. 07. 24.